Pango FinancialTM respects and enforces the privacy expectations of our clients and potential clients. This notice discusses what kinds of information we collect about our clients and how this information may be disclosed to third parties who may or may not be affiliated with Pango Financial.
Collection of information
Pango Financial’s main purpose in collecting information from clients and potential clients is for communication. However, personal non-public information is required for several of our products:
- Contracts and related forms, which include a customer’s name, address, social security number, information about the existing retirement accounts a customer holds, and information about a customer’s investment goals;
- Retirement account history, including information about the transactions and balances in a customer’s accounts; and
- Correspondence, whether written, telephonic, or electronic between a customer and Pango Financial or service providers to Pango Financial.
Disclosure of client information
We do not sell your personal information to anyone. We do not disclose personal information to third parties who are not affiliated with Pango FinancialTM or have not executed a marketing or service agreement, unless one or more of the following circumstances exists:
- As Authorized – If you request or authorize the disclosure of the information (either directly to your account representative at Pango Financial or to the custodian of any self-directed account that you may set up as part of your contract with Pango Financial).
- As Permitted by Law – For example, sharing information with companies that maintain or service customer accounts for Pango FinancialTM is permitted by law and is essential for us to provide clients with necessary or useful services with respect to their accounts. Furthermore, we may disclose or report personal information, such as account and transaction data, where we believe in good faith that disclosure is required or permitted under law (e.g., to cooperate with regulators, receivers, or to resolve client disputes).
- Outside Counsel – Pango FinancialTM products/contracts generally include consultation with outside counsel. Your information will be available to the outside counsel in order to facilitate prompt communication and completion of your contract.
Security of client information
We train our staff to safeguard personal information of our clients, and they are required to use such information for business purposes only. Pango Financial maintains the following policies and procedures regarding privacy with its staff:
- Sensitive information stored electronically in our databases, such as Social Security Numbers, Birth Dates, Credit Card Numbers, etc. is encrypted. Access to this information is controlled.
- Paper files containing sensitive information are kept in secure areas where access is closely controlled and monitored.
- Staff receives training on the types of information we can and cannot disclose to individuals and/or organizations outside Pango Financial.
Privacy and security are very important to Pango FinancialTM. Maintaining privacy and security means not disclosing specifics on all of our internal practices. Should you have any questions, feel free to contact us.